Red Hat is expected to become the first and only open source software organization to generate more than $1 billion in terms of revenue in a year. Nginx is one of the five projects of Red Hat to strongly hit 2012. Nginx, also known as Engine-X, is one of the top three web server software operated by the world.
The software is specifically intelligent in following terms:
- Easy to handle a large volume of traffic
- It can handle up to 10,000 connections per server
- Already running on 10 % of internet world domains
- Particularly utilized to operate heavy traffic websites like Facebook, Word press etc.
- Andrew Aleexev – a co-founder of organization that offers Nginx commercially – said ‘it is a very lean architecture’.
- He further said that he sees wide sky coverage of internet world by Nginx. He is hopeful that the investment in Nginx would benefit the world along with the founders.
- He said that the major software market share in future is seen to be operated by Nginx for its distinctive features and flexible handling.
- He said that the upcoming version would come up with more easy-to-use specifications. The new version will be securer to use and it will better handle security issues on Distributed Denial on Service Attacks.
Present vs. Future:
Upcoming years of Nginx are seen to be more beneficial than the last ones.
- The last year’s success includes $3 million in backing supported by Dell CEO Micheal Dell from a considerable number of firms.
- The organization made a partnership with Jet Stream to enable Nginx for content delivery network.
- Red Hat has not stopped the journey here and the future plans are more success-oriented as it has also started working with Amazon to bring up Nginx up to the main stream for AWS.